Thursday 27 November 2014

Happy Thanksgiving

I'm currently spending 2 weeks near Inverness at Findhorn on a workshop. Plenty of CPD, learning, insights and laughter.

One ritual that takes place before each meal is blessing the food.


Those who have cooked the meal join those waiting to enjoy it in a moment of reflection. The blessing is made by the chef and varies in style, content and length.

Thanks for:
  • The food,
  • The bounty of the gardens (still providing much of the produce),
  • Those who have cooked it,
  • Those about to eat it,
  • Insights gained,
  • Lessons learned,
  • Friends near and far.
It's a ritual that I truly appreciate and get much from - I rush from our sessions to ensure I'm there to participate - as we join together in community to give thanks together.

This enthusiasm for appreciating and blessing my food, however, seems to abate once I return home. 

This year I am committing to add it to my daily routine. 

Does anyone giving thanks today only because it's Thanksgiving want to join me?

In appreciation of all those who read this blog.

Blessings

Alison Smith 
Inspiring change inside and out - when what you're doing isn't working

No comments:

Post a Comment