Sunday 16 October 2016

Day 23: 4 new habits in 28 days - if you keep doing what you've always done

As I reflected on the outcome of  'Doing something different' every for the last 23 days I was reminded of this landscaping your life vblog. You may want to turn your volume down before you have a listen.
Thinking about what to do differently everyday has brought into conscious awareness the habits I do - those habits where I may not even think about what to do I just do them as if by rote.

Habits such as:

  • Sitting down to eat my evening meal and turning on the TV, and it then being on for the rest of the evening.
  • Having a bath in the morning rather than a shower - irrespetctive of how much time I have. Allowing the bath to eat into my day despite what else I could be doing.
  • Saying "No I'm ok with water" when asked if I want a tea/coffee mid way through a coaching session, and missing time out of the room to stretch my legs, and perhaps even a more comfortable watercooler/kettle conversation.
  • Saying "No" to new things before I've considered if I would like to say "Yes" or the reason for my "No".
I'm sure there are others. 

What can you say "Yes" to today that you've been saying "No" to for too long despite getting an outcome you don't want? 


Alison Smith
The Purchasing Coach
Inspiring Change - Inside and Out

The 4 habits are:
  1. I will consistently eat gluten free every day 21/23 (and nightshade (pots and toms) 20/23)
  2. I will do my hip mobilisation every day 20/23
  3. I will drink at least 2 litres of water every day 20/23
  4. I will do at least one thing differently every day 21/23
    The blog posts of the journey to embed 4 new habits in 28 days have so far included - finding the inspirationvision and goal setting, setting targetsdoing things differentlywaveringfinding supportcommitment, the danger of making assumptionsmeasuring progressslaying the old habits and thoughts and, by use of the Frameworks for Change Coaching Process I use in coaching, being invited to be less perfect, and to be kinder to myself. I've also explored the situation using another coaching tool, soul collage cards, too - one using the interpretation of cards when I developed themand one looking at them with fresh eyes.

    Hypertext links in the text above link to previous blogs written on the subject.

    #28daychallenge

    No comments:

    Post a Comment