Tuesday 16 August 2016

Do you remember that dress?


Remember #ThatDress? 

You may see it as Gold and white or as Blue and white.

I'm not kidding. 

I appreciate if you see it as gold you will find it hard to understand how someone else could see it as blue, and visa versa. 

If you don't believe me just ask a few people, and it won't be long until they tell you a different colour to the one you're seeing. Just for clarity I see it as gold. 

It's a great reminder that this happening all the time - not just in colours but interpreting words we use too. I say "procurement" and I'm sure my meaning will be different to the stakeholders or suppliers hearing me saying it. In workshops I use an exercise using the word Chocolate which always provides a reminder to check understanding rather than making assumptions. 

Alison Smith
The Purchasing Coach
Inspiring change - inside and out

No comments:

Post a Comment