Monday 13 November 2017

World Kindness Day

I celebrate a mid decade birthday today - not quite as profound an impact as my 50th birthday but never the less thought provoking as time ticks by and another milestone birthday approaches.

I often use my birthday as a means of reflecting on progress, resetting intentions, and inspiring future action. Which means a Transformation Game won't be far away.

As I revisited my Fab at 50 post from 5 years ago, and mulled on the fact that 13th November is also World Kindness day, I realised my to-be list at that time, whilst not addressing kindness directly, certainly mentioned other ways of 'being' that align with it:

35. Loving
36. Open
37. Trusting 
38. Enthusiastic
39. Joyous
40. Positive
41. Challenging
Are on my To-Be list to be the change I want to see in the world.

Just like kindness isn't for one day, neither is being loving, trusting and open. What today does help me do though is reflect on how well I'm meeting my intention, and identify ways I can model more of what I want to see in the world - every day - not just my birthday.

Alison Smith
The Purchasing Coach
Inspiring change inside and out
alison@alisonsmith.eu
+44 (0)7770538159

You may also like my Is there room for kindness in Procurement post from the archives in answer to someone's suggestion that there wasn't room - to which my response was "we're doomed" :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment