Tuesday 1 March 2016

The Purchasing Coach's 10th Anniversary

to

Wow - little did I know 10 years ago today that I'd still be here working for myself 10 years later! 

Not because I doubted myself so much as hadn't thought about what I was going to do, and hadn't planned for it. 

I just felt it was a good idea, and went for it!

Feelings are certainly the way I've made decisions about what to do in the last 10 years - even if the procurement strategies I've written have been more data driven! 

Here's a snapshot of the feelings over the last 10 years.

It's felt a little erratic - at the start, and many times since.  


It's felt like the spark might go out


It's felt a little lonely - as if it's me on my own trying to keep the spark going.


It's felt a little confusing - as if business and entrepreneurship have been a different language to the one I use in the rest of my life.
  

It's felt like I needed, and got, support to keep the spark going


It's felt structured, focused and on point.


It's felt exciting - with lots going on.


It's felt aligned


It's felt part of something bigger


Making a difference, and adding a spark for long term sustainability - for me, the organisations' I've work for, and the planet

and I've loved every year, and look forward to loving every year of the next 10 years.


If you want to be part of the next 10 years do get in touch +44 (0)7770 538159 alison@alisonsmith.eu - whether that's to inspire change in procurement, business, or your life more generally.

Alison Smith
The Purchasing Coach, and Landscaping Your Life
Inspiring change - inside and out

If you were hoping for a list of insights from the time I've worked for myself see my post from 3 years ago Fab at 50 with its list of 50! Or pop over to Twitter and #alisonrbcmanniversary for tweets from the day that shared what I'm passionate about.

No comments:

Post a Comment