Wednesday 13 March 2013

Not that but this


I was doing a clean and press this morning watched by the eagle eye of my personal trainer. He observed that today I seemed to be putting more of my weight into my left leg - possibly compensating for my right knee. He told me what I needed to do and I thought I was doing what he was asking but I wasn't. It was only when he showed me a video of what I was doing that I could see for myself what we were (I was :-)) trying to avoid which then made it easier to change what I was doing.

Isn't that the same in so many things we do. As a trainer I spend a lot of time showing clients how to do things and know I need to show them more often what we don't want - not that but this.

How might your communication be improved if you added more "not this"?

Alison Smith
The Purchasing Coach
Inspiring effective communication in purchasing teams

Clean and press picture source: dailyfitnessmagz.com via Alison on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment