Sunday 7 May 2017

Your world you see is not the whole truth

I'm a witness in court this week, and will be asked to swear to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Which I will do, but even then it can only the truth as I saw it, from my perspective.

These 3 images are the truth too.

The images were taken from the same spot - that is, they are all representations of the same whole - just from a different perspective. None right or wrong just one aspect of the truth based on the filter they view the situation from.

Just like we're doing everyday for every communication we enter into.

The insight that our truth is not other people's truth is No2 in my top 10 of things to remember when communicating.

Alison Smith
The Purchasing Coach
Unlocking procurement potential using unconventional tools

No comments:

Post a Comment