Saturday 7 June 2014

Changing priorities


When I was in my early teens - in the days before frozen chips and frequent take aways - the food that could nag at me to leave the house at very short notice, just because I needed it NOW, was chips!

When I was in my later teens at university the addictive nagging to leave the flat would come from alcohol!

When I was in my twenties, and thirties for that matter, the call came from chocolate - no matter how late nor far away the shop might be (the benefits of car ownership).

When in my forties I don't recall anything that called me - the inertia possibly greater than the addiction to any food.

I laughed yesterday when, now in my fifties, I left my cosy home and went out into the rain just to buy a pomegranate. 

How our priorities change. 


No comments:

Post a Comment