Friday 31 May 2013

Challenge: Drink 2 litres of water a day for a week

It's likely that you've heard it all before about why you need to drink more water. My guess is you've either tried to drink 2 litres a day and failed or not tried at all. Assuming that anyone who's tried it and succeeded won't even be reading this blog.



I'm not sure I can add to what you've already heard or read. Other than to reiterate that to do anything, and I mean anything, your body needs water: to think, to analyse, to move, to exercise, to breath, to beat a heart, to digest food, to flush out the toxins and all the rest. If you're having a problem with any of these, or feeling below par or under the weather, wouldn't it be great if the solution was as simple as drinking more water? Often it is, as my personal trainer reminded me only today when he heard my video blog about not doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome

The thing is I can fill this blog with lots of facts, data, benefits, risks and evidence and you're just as likely to do what I do - nod your head say "I do need to drink more water" and then not do. So my challenge to you is let's aim to really drink 2 litres a day, monitor it and keep each other accountable and then let's share the benefits. Because I'm hoping that by sharing the benefits it will keep us (ok me) motivated to drink another 2 litres a day for another week and then another week.

Please join me (#2litresaday) - because knees that work and a head that can analyse for 8 hours is all I'm after - what's your motivation?

Alison Smith
The purchasing coach
Inspiring change inside and out  

No comments:

Post a Comment