- Have an expected life
- Can have a shorter life due to over work
- Need regular MOT's
- May need reconditioning or repairing
- Can stop working if repairs aren't done soon enough
- Can fail to work due to inactivity
- Sometimes need new parts
- Need a trained mechanic to mend them
- Can be damaged by 'tinkering' by the owner
- Are impacted by bad driving
- Need the right energy, fuel and lubricants to keep them moving
- Are impacted by the environment
Which of the above have you forgotten to do in your life and what action will you take to rectify it so your engine keeps running?
We've a purchasing strategy on Transmissions to develop too. I've been told they're like my legs so since the doctor recently told me I have arthritis and need a new knee I'm starting to wonder what new strategy for the arthritis I may uncover as a result of our conversations. I will keep you posted.
Do let me know if I can help you to ensure all the engines in your team keep running - real or metaphorical.
The Purchasing Coach
Sowing the seeds of effective purchasing in your business